Pages

"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in your joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

***A Quote From The Velveteen Rabbit

Tuesday

Who I Wanna Be / Who I Am Now


One of my recent assignments at Shakti was to either write about or create art portraying how I currently see myself and how I'd like to be in the future. Obviously....I've had some issues writing lately, so I chose to do some art. 


The left side of the piece, beyond the outline of my profile, shows some of the characteristics of the person I want to become, while the right side, inside myself, shows where I feel I am currently.

This thing took me quite a while, it incorporates paint, colored pencil, marker, collaging, (yes i cut out all the butterflies and punched out all the little hearts individually) & etc. But it felt really good to work on this, and actually complete it. Yup, it's done, and it's not in the trash.    =^)

Here are a few other things I've made and actually kept. It's not really very often that I actually finish something, let alone keep it instead of throwing it into the recycling. But I'm working on having more confidence in my creativity....Since it IS one of the most important things in the world to me.

Persephone's Journey 


Magnetic Collage Box & Crayon Drawing of Myself


Just for fun...Hehehe!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments = Good Karma!