Pages

"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in your joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

***A Quote From The Velveteen Rabbit

Monday

Letting Go

ORIGINALLY POSTED:  Friday, December 07, 2007 


I try to do the things I use to do
But still I find I'm only looking 'round for you
The people you use to work with at your old bar
I can tell they're wonderin' just where you are
Maybe you'll walk right through that door
Just the thing we've all been looking for

But you don't….And that's good

Because where would I run, where would I hide
I couldn't stand to look into your eyes

I lay awake, alone at night
I squeeze my eyes shut and hope that I just might
Finally drift off to sleep and sometimes I do
But you're haunting me, I dream of you
Maybe one time I'll wake up and you'll really be here
Holding me tight, I feel your heartbeat, you're so near

But I don't…..And I cry

Because thinking of you and the good times we had
I wonder what happened, it's driving me mad

I put away all the photos and reminders of us
I gently hide them away, deep down I feel I must
Preserve the precious memories that we made
How special it once was, I never want that to fade
I wish I could stand to leave it out all along
This time around I'm just not that strong

So I don't…..And I'm weak

Because my heart's broken, my soul is bruised
Realizing the dreams I had for us will never come true

Someday down the road I know I'll see you again
I really do miss you, you were my very best friend
I wonder what will happen when that time arrives
Will I be strong, or will I run and hide
I want to call you, hear your voice even over the phone
Together make it work, without you I'm so alone

But we don't…..I wish we could

Because all my life I truly never knew
Anyone capable of making me feel the way you use to

So thank you for all that you've given me
I believe in you, I know you'll become everything you've wanted to be
I hope that every now and then, you'll stop and think of me
And remember how much I love you, happily
You'll never know just how much you've changed me
I sometimes wish I could just let it go, be free

But I won't…...I just can't

Because when you're in love that's the hardest part
Letting go of a broken heart

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments = Good Karma!