Pages

"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in your joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

***A Quote From The Velveteen Rabbit

Monday

The Proverbial Cup

ORIGINALLY POSTED:    Sunday, September 14, 2008
   

I was having lunch today with friends and of course, one of my least favorite questions in the world came up, and it was directed at me. It's one of those 'I'm asking you this so that I can judge what type of person you are' type questions, and of course it's baited, of course there's a right and wrong answer, and of course, my answer is never acceptable. Rather, never understood.

Everything is NOT always black and white, yes or no, right or wrong, full or empty. There IS a gray area, always a gray area that people just don't understand. And even less understood is the rest of the area, what's left over after black, white and gray. The area not even acknowledged. The color area. That's where I chill.

Friend........."What do you think, is the cup half full, or half empty?"

Me.............."What does it matter, there's still SOMETHING in my cup."

For once, someone got it. For the first time, really got it, not the surface conscious understanding. but in depth. And they appreciated it, and that was nice. It felt good. Although honestly, I don't care. As long as I understand, as long as I appreciate who I am, what everyone else thinks doesn't matter. Because in the end, what I'm left with, all I'm left with, is how I feel about myself. That's what I'll have when I die, all I'll have. And the only person responsible for that is me.

Which goes along with my other big statement of the day....

"I would love to continue relationships with people without batting an eye no matter what they do and how it affects me, but I'm not into hurting myself anymore."

Speaks for itself. No explanation, if you don't get it, you never will until you know what empathy and compassion are, so it's time to do some soul searching. Nothing wrong with that, I do it all the time. Introspect, as my loyal readers already know very well, is a dear friend of mine.

My personal phrase of the day.....DO YOU.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments = Good Karma!