Pages

"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in your joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

***A Quote From The Velveteen Rabbit

Monday

NiteLite

ORIGINALLY POSTED:  Tuesday, April 15, 2008


Is it dark in your closet
Do you keep the door closed tight
Lean on it with your shoulder while you lock it
Are you afraid something might

Slip out of the darkness
exposing, Spilling, you onto the floor
or are you concerned that when you're least expecting
someone might open the door

The door to your closet...
The place where you hide.
Where you are all alone.
In all your depth and true desire, the things you keep inside.

The deepest rooted shadows
all the things you can't outwardly be
The things you aren't allowed
to let anyone see

What's in there lurking in the dark
So black as moonless night
if i felt your raw bare soul
would I tremble with fright?

Crawl to your closet on my knees
Press my face to the floor
This doesn't scare me
Peer through the crack under the door

In the stillness, senses heightened
I hear you thinking, wondering,
can she feel it
i'm enlightened

Your mind is rolling
She'll run away, afraid of this dark
She'll never look back
the click of heels is how this time will be marked

No, no, no, my love....I won't flee
To Revel in your darkest secrets
let you see me
bask in the deepest of you
all the unsaid, already known, it's just right
It doesn't have to be dark anymore, it's true
For I, I am your NiteLite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments = Good Karma!